Getting Around the 2011 Festival of Books
Before Saturday, September 10th, there are some things you need to know about BOOKMARKS…
The Festival is FREE and for all ages, from 10:00am-5:00pm.
Check out this short introductory video to BOOKMARKS:
We will have 40+ authors spread out at 7 different venues:
- The Main Stage will be in the middle of the festival on Sixth Street. This year our Main Stage is sponsored by Kilpatrick Townsend, LLP. Make sure you are there at 10:00am for the Welcome and Opening Ceremony with this year’s Honorary Chair Lisa See. Lisa See will then kick off the authors on the Main Stage, followed by: Kimberla Lawson Roby, Elin Hilderbrand, Cameron Kent, Margaret Maron and Tom Perrotta.
- Young Readers Central is held at the Downtown School, 601 N. Cherry Street. All of the children’s authors and events will be held in this space.
- Trade Street Stage is new this year and will be on Trade Street towards Seventh. It will be another outdoor stage similar to the Main Stage. We will have a variety of authors on the Trade Street Stage including fiction, non-fiction, teen authors and poetry.
- Urban Artware, on 207 West 6th Street, will be home to all of our workshops this year.
- Artworks Gallery on North Trade Street is sponsored this year by Salemtowne Continuing Care Retirement Community. We will have a variety of fiction, non-fiction and teen authors, and the BOOKMARKS Membership Information booth will be directly in front of it.
- Urban League is at 201 West 5th Street and will be sponsored this year by 88.5 WFDD. This is the venue for all you non-fiction lovers!
- Food for Thought will be held in a separate tent on Trade Street near Finnigan’s Wake. This year, the Winston-Salem Journal is sponsoring our three amazing cookbook authors.
There will be parking available at the parking deck on Cherry & 6th. There is also a parking deck on Liberty Street & 5th. Handicapped parking is available on 6th & Liberty.
Restrooms are available at different locations throughout the festival site, one in Urban League, one near the Young Readers Central, one behind the Main Stage and one by Trade Street Stage.
This year we are highlighting our four downtown eating establishments:
These restaurants will be selling food and drinks throughout the festival and we encourage you to stick around after the festival to enjoy Trade Street’s nightlife!
We have over 30 exhibitor’s spanning Trade Street, with 10 exhibitors specifically for Children in Young Readers Central.
If you have questions at the festival, visit BOOKMARKS information booths on either end of Trade Street and also on 6th. For additional information on our authors, visit our website or our Facebook page. We are excited to see you at this year’s Festival of Books!